Equality and diversity
Our commitment to equality and diversity runs through all our work, from helping our customers with their journeys, to designing roads, to providing travel information. Through our promise to seek and act on feedback from our customers, we aim to engage with people from all backgrounds and to ensure that our services both meet our customers’ expectations and are improved to ensure that they enable everyone to have safe and reliable journeys.
To enable us to deliver fair and inclusive services, we want to recruit the best people for the job regardless of their background, ethnicity, accent, sex or other individual characteristics. This means actively working to attract people from talent pools across different communities and to make sure that all our staff have equal opportunity to develop to their potential.
- Women in Engineering – the challenge
- Making a difference - The Highways Agency Equality Objectives April 2012 - 2016
- Achievements and Aspirations - Delivering the Highways Agency Equality Objectives - January 2014 Progress Report
- Gathering Momentum - Progress in delivering the Highways Agency’s equality objectives
- Inclusion matters - Evidence that shapes our equality and diversity priorities
- Diversity and Transport – Birmingham networking event