Environmental Information System (EnvIS) Community
EnvIS is a system for defining and categorising the man-made or natural assets within and surrounding the Strategic Road Network.
The system has been developed to assist the Agency:
- meet current and future business objectives,
- manage the environment, within and next to the Strategic Road Network, and
- review and report the environmental performance of Service Providers and the HA.
EnvIS contains environmental data supplied by Service Providers, the HA and other third parties and displayed in the Highways Agency Geographical Information System (HAGIS). The data within EnvIS identifies the asset, location, condition and broad management requirements. EnvIS is divided into the following environmental topics:
- Nature Conservation and Ecology
- Cultural Heritage
- Air Quality
- Waste and Material Resources
EnvIS Quickstart E-Learning Course
The EnvIS quickstart course has been designed to provide you with an introduction to EnvIS, so that you can familiarise yourself with the system and how it works.
- Open Quickstart (shockwave file opens from browser)
- Download Quickstart as a zip file (open file Envis — Assets.swf to run the course)
Key EnvIS dates
- Chief Executive Graham Dalton launched EnvIS, on the Portal — 16th December 2009
- Go Live June 2010
- 1st Quarterly Data Submission — September 2010