The Claims Process

A Guide to How Part I Claims are Processed by the High­ways Agency

This book­let explains how com­pen­sa­tion can be claimed for the effects on res­i­den­tial, agri­cul­tural and other prop­erty from the use of new roads or alter­ations to exist­ing roads oper­ated by the High­ways Agency. It is not a com­plete guide to Part I com­pen­sa­tion. Please ask if you have ques­tions about your par­tic­u­lar circumstances:

  • call our infor­ma­tion line on 0300 123 5000 (BT land­lines 4p/min, mobiles usu­ally cost more)
  • or email us at

Please note the widen­ing of the M25 between Junc­tions 16 to 23 and Junc­tions 27 to 30 is being man­aged by the Design Build Finance and Oper­ate (DBFO) com­pany Con­nect Plus. All requests for fur­ther infor­ma­tion relat­ing to Part I claims on these schemes should be directed to Con­nect Plus who can be con­tacted at Con­nect Plus House, St Albans, South Mimms, Pot­ters Bar EN6 3NP or by tele­phone on 02033 868500. The con­tact for Part I claims at Con­nect Plus is John Worsfold.