Lean techniques were first introduced into the Highways Agency’s supply chain in 2009 and the Agency’s Lean journey began in late 2012. These pages will help you understand what continuous improvement using Lean is all about, whether you are part of the HA Supply Chain or an HA employee.
There are guides and toolkits and many Knowledge Transfer Pack summaries which are one page overviews of efficiency gains resulting from individual Lean projects, together with presentations from our Lean seminars . Recent announcements contain insights into why this approach has proved so successful across the world.
Contact Us — to find out more.
- Highways (Drainage, Geometry and Pavements)
- Earthworks and Geotechnics
- Managing Incidents
- Managing Works by Others
- Winter Service
- Routine and Cyclic Maintenance
- Structures and Restraint Systems
- LEAN Tools (CP, VM and CI)
- Risk and Knowledge Management
- Roadside Features, landscaping and accommodation works
- Commission and Statutory Process
- Design Process
- Signs, Lighting, Signals Traffic Control